Fence adjacent to highway

Barking99

@Barking99, you keep saying you disagree with the planners so your only course of action, that I and others have said is to appeal, that’s why the appeal procedure exists. You can argue with the planners till the cows come home but that will do no good. Drag it out as long as possible, go to appeal and by that time the hedge will have grown. I have fought planners a few times as their rules are often grey areas open to interpretation so don’t get me wrong they can be a nightmare. If you do go to appeal and win (and I find the appeal officers are far more practical than planners) you can give them the bird 🖕

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

+1 to the above.

My personal favourite appeal was 3 houses ago wanting to build a garage described as "concrete block and render"  Refused by the council.  Trying to discuss with the planning officer all I got was "even if you render it, it will still look like a prefabricated garage" and no amount of explaining would persuade them this was not a prefab garage.

I won on appeal.  In that case I thought that planning officer was not best suited for the job.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2023 at 14:31, Barking99 said:

We self built the house and part of the  landscaping conditions on that PP were to replace the overgrown poor condition hedge that was previously there with a native hedge. So there are conditions there that a hedge has to be retained.

That is not a native hedge.

Instant hedging do mature native hedging, that is in meter lengths and any height you need, depending on how deep your pocket is.

or

Erect heras fencing between your hedge and existing fence and put a day-glo blue wrap on it and see what they say then.