Bulb confusion

Pocster

31 minutes ago, Mattg4321 said:

Yeah the glass has fallen off or been smashed off. 

Just needs a new bulb and possibly a pair of pliers to remove the old one. 

Yeah - that’s what I thought . Tenant claimed no glass anywhere though 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

33 minutes ago, Mattg4321 said:

Yeah the glass has fallen off or been smashed off. 

Just needs a new bulb and possibly a pair of pliers to remove the old one. 

If you use pliers, And it's live, it goes boom. 

If you stuff in a potato and twist, it's safe and you don't cut your fingers, or damage the lamp holder

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FuerteStu said:

If you stuff in a potato and twist, it's safe and you don't cut your fingers, or damage the lamp holder

Tenant with pliers or tenant with potato - either way feels like an accident 🫤🤣

8 minutes ago, Temp said:

Sure looks like one of those "halogen bulbs inside a regular bulb" but with the regular glass bulb missing. Might have been like that for ages as it will work without the outer glass.

Ah ; I assumed it was recent I.e it wouldn’t work without the bulb .

Probably got broke during some extreme sex and alcohol party I wasn’t invited to 😞

12 hours ago, FuerteStu said:

You’d like to think it goes without saying that anyone messing around with electrics will make sure it’s off first. Although I guess it could be a form of Darwinism in action. 

I’ve removed loads of these in seconds with pliers, but might try a potato next time - if I’ve got one in the van! Should it be a baby new potato, or perhaps a Maris piper?? I wonder what the difference in conductivity is between them! On second thoughts, perhaps not, as at least my pliers are 1000v insulated 😉😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattg4321 said:

You’d like to think it goes without saying that anyone messing around with electrics will make sure it’s off first. Although I guess it could be a form of Darwinism in action. 

I’ve removed loads of these in seconds with pliers, but might try a potato next time - if I’ve got one in the van! Should it be a baby new potato, or perhaps a Maris piper?? I wonder what the difference in conductivity is between them! On second thoughts, perhaps not, as at least my pliers are 1000v insulated 😉😆

For the most part, not every house has vde pliers.. But most have a potato. It's why it's a great life hack

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I now identify as a donkey. My pronouns are he and haw.

I worked with someone called Donkey.

He had a really bad stutter.  When I asked how he got his nickname, he pointed to the site foreman and said, "he haw, he haw was calls me that'.