Begetube liquidation

Triple07

So after finally reviewing all quotes and deciding on begetube for our underfloor heating system supply.... the appear to have ceased trading this month after going into liquidation.... feel like I have dodged a bullet but puts me back to square one with the quotes.... although now that answers why they were so eager and why quote was so competitive! 

Any sugestions for supply only in Scotland appreciated. 

IMG_3187.PNG

It says:

Ground Floor (Screed)

1 × 9 way manifold

9 × Manifold actuator 220v

2 × Pert 17/2 – 120m coil

3 × Pert 17/2 – 200m coil

110m of fixing rails

900 × insulation clips

Plus

Smart System Control

6 × Heatmiser Neo Thermostat

1 × Heatmiser remote Sensor

1 × UH8 Wiring centre

1 × Neohub

1 × UFHmix Control Manifold Kit

1 × Wilo RS25-6-3 Circulation pump

looks like i have more homework to do tonight now! 

pretty straight forward.

My personal choice but i would pay the extra and buy uponor 16mm MLC pipe. I have the pipeclip gun if its any use to you for a shot. 

not sure if this is a good deal but this is a start!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5no-Heatmiser-neo-stat-thermal-stat-smartphone-/302425523270?hash=item4669f74446:g:AtMAAOSww5hZMTRQ

Edited by Alexphd1

Thanks folks, Didn't get a plan yet...that came after payment. @PeterW do you think that's too many zones? i did get a plan from polypipe tho, see below. Upstairs is radiators.

@Simplysimon I *think* that optimum is linked to begetube somehow, certainly had same director and company address at one point. Will speak to him begetube director tomorrow  anyhow - as after googling he is now set up as "warm the sole", which sets off little alarm bells, although iv yet to find any forums with disgruntled customers... so who knows maybe a genuine reason although director has yet to tell me despite emailing him this morning to confirm order, just said "they have moved premises"

@Alexphd1 thanks, will keep that in mind! 

IMG_3190.PNG

Cant read the plan too well but space 009 shows a loop of its own. Really not necessary and could be fed by the return leg of the lobby loop for eg. Space 002 e/s and 003 dresser don't need their own loops either. Just use one loop and one stat mounted in the dresser and job done. An electric towel rad could fortify the e/s if necessary. 

Tbh, you'll have to insulate some of the flows where they pass through the lobby to stop it overheating / creating hotspots. 9mm Armorflex will suffice, and leave 50mm gaps between feeds to allow a decent bit of screed in between. 

004a and 004b wouldn't go through the lobby, they'd just be sleeved and insulated for 6-8" and go under the wall behind the manifold, as the crow flies.

If your going for rads upstairs, I can recommend using another Ufh manifold to run the rads and individual room stats for the upstairs spaces. I'd be more worried about controlling the heat in the rooms upstairs than down, and personal preferences are quite important in the bedrooms so I'd focus more on that. You can set the flow temp a bit lower so the rads don't get too hot, and just fit slightly bigger rads to compensate. I did this in a big property and it worked like a charm, Ufh down, rads plus one room Ufh up, and another dedicated manifold for the towel rads so they could have warm towels all year without heating the bathrooms, adjusted seasonally on the TMV. 

Out of curiosity, what is running the heating and hot water ? Gas and UVC / ASHP / other ?