AAV on manifold

vala

9 hours ago, vala said:

Got some manual air valves on my Wunda UFH manifold and wondering if anyone has replaced or could recommend these automatic air valves,

https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/emmeti-automatic-air-vent-p-821.html

thanks

I fitted some based on advice on here after I had some problematic air in my UFH loops. Is there a problem you're trying to solve? 

10 hours ago, vala said:

Got some manual air valves on my Wunda UFH manifold and wondering if anyone has replaced or could recommend these automatic air valves,

thanks

Hi. Yes, those are fine, carry on. :) 

FWIW, I remove the pressure gauge / other plugs and install these AAV’s on both the flow and return manifolds, simply because the air gets pulled around the loops a lot as the vents can only eject a small amount of air at any one time. Order and fit 2 of them is my advice. 

12 hours ago, jayc89 said:

I fitted some based on advice on here after I had some problematic air in my UFH loops. Is there a problem you're trying to solve? 

I had air build up in the system last time it went through a period of being off and hoping these will help to get rid of the air once the system turns back on this time round. Last time it involved doing a full manual purge of all the loops so hoping this may mean this doesn't need to happen this time round.

11 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Hi. Yes, those are fine, carry on. :) 

FWIW, I remove the pressure gauge / other plugs and install these AAV’s on both the flow and return manifolds, simply because the air gets pulled around the loops a lot as the vents can only eject a small amount of air at any one time. Order and fit 2 of them is my advice. 

thanks Nick. 2 have been ordered. Got manual air valves at the moment on the manifold so will just remove those and replace with these. Aside from these there's just a temp gauge on the flow and return on the manifold. Is it worth swapping out one of these gauges for one with a pressure gauge?

• 2 months later...

@Nickfromwales As well as any other members who've used these auto air valves,

Has anyone come across these leaking from the grey auto venting cap?

Noticed this evening that the valve on my return manifold is weeping, and by the looks of it has been for a while.

It was left slightly loose as per the instructions for the auto venting to work.

The one I've fitted to the flow manifold is still working fine.  

• 2 weeks later...