Integral washer

Pocster

Kitchen design stage !!!

My plan was to integrate ( somehow ) our existing washer under the kitchen worktop . I was concerned though about it moving and vibration . Are integrated ones somehow designed to avoid this ? ; if so how ?

My washer can move and jump around quite a bit when on speed …

Our washing machine is integral and not floor mounted on the bosses insistence to make loading/unloading easier. I was terrified at the prospect of having a washing machine in a kitchen unit AND off the ground, I could foresee no end of calamity’s befalling us. 

Two years on and I’ve stopped checking it when it’s on a spin cycle. It hasn’t fallen out of its cubby hole. It hasn’t moved at all. 

Before the spin starts the washing machine turns the clothes and agitates the drum to try and balance the load. If it can’t balance the drum to a reasonable level it won’t spin.

IMG_1806.thumb.jpeg.7ceddfdf45c0524c9526653e2dadc5c7.jpeg 

Just to clarify. The unit is specifically designed to take a washing machine and is suitably reinforced. It also has to be fitted either between other units or, as in our case, a wall and units. The wall hung cupboards have to be there as well. 

Edited by Russdl
To add the last paragraph.
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Russdl said:

Our washing machine is integral and not floor mounted on the bosses insistence to make loading/unloading easier. I was terrified at the prospect of having a washing machine in a kitchen unit AND off the ground, I could foresee no end of calamity’s befalling us. 

Two years on and I’ve stopped checking it when it’s on a spin cycle. It hasn’t fallen out of its cubby hole. It hasn’t moved at all. 

Before the spin starts the washing machine turns the clothes and agitates the drum to try and balance the load. If it can’t balance the drum to a reasonable level it won’t spin.

If we go integral it has to be floor stood . I do wonder what stops these from shaking the housing and worktop apart ? . Why aren’t stand alone washers made with such specification ?

37 minutes ago, Pocster said:

If we go integral it has to be floor stood . I do wonder what stops these from shaking the housing and worktop apart ? . Why aren’t stand alone washers made with such specification ?

Ours are stand alone but mounted off the floor , both very quiet and no noticeable noise when on spin. Mind you they are not the cheapest on the market. 

20230608_213018.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russdl said:

How cool is that 

We liked the idea of a raised washing mashine until we saw our friends intsallation with a peice of pipe insulation wedged between their washer and dryer to stop them acting like giant castanets. 

I think if done right and raised like @Buzz then it can be very nice.  But it can be done badly which is not so great.

If I remember correctly I think some of the German Kitchen manufacturers install a steel frame to support the appliances of the ground.  Which is probably the way to go.  

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2