Recommendations for electric radiator

Hey all,

Back once again, for more sage suggestions from you savvy bunch :D

We have an attic room that we'd like to add an electric radiator to. Can anyone recommend a decent one around the £300-£350 Mark please?

Seen a few by Rointe, Harmoni, Haverland, Dimplex, etc & they all look great. But I know in real life some are better than others in terms of build quality/reliability, etc

A little about what it's for:

● Attic room, 3.5 × 2.5m2

● 1 double glazed Velux window

● Minimal insulation between sloping roof part of room

● Part of a terrace

A little about what we'd like:

● Wall mountable

● Around 1kw I'd guess?

● Decent warranty

● modernish design (to match our house look)

● if possible, also controlled by WiFi (tho we'd prefer a 'non subscription' based app/solution for that)

I also wondered how easy it'd be to buy/fit a decent controller with WiFi to this, as it matches the other radiators we have:

https://www.bestheating.com/milano-aruba-electric-white-horizontal-designer-radiator-single-panel-635mm-tall-choice-of-width-91838

Anything I've missed please feel free to ask

Many thanks for your time 😀 

Shadow

First I would go for a more powerful one, a decent one will let you select the power output you need. You can then fine tune the output, if your 1kW ends up on the small size it just runs all the time. Also make sure it has a built in timer function and thermostat, so you only heat when you need to.

Makes models?

The other option choose any radiator you like. Add an element say 2kW and have a remote timer thermostat so it actually measures room temp. You just fill with water and some car antifreeze. More choice more adaptability.

• Like 1

Hey there - thanks for replying :D

Don't really have anything specific in mind yet, but these seemed to fit the bill

https://www.heatershop.co.uk/dimplex-q-rad-qrad100e-electric-radiator-1000w?cat=6170

https://www.heatershop.co.uk/harmoni-lugo-hs1100-electric-radiator-1100w-wifi?cat=5980

From what i can gather, something around 1kw+ should be enough for the room

I was considering adding an element like you mentioned. But was hoping for something with a decent display/programme options & controllable by WiFi (not sure what there is)

9 hours ago, JohnMo said:

First I would go for a more powerful one, a decent one will let you select the power output you need. You can then fine tune the output, if your 1kW ends up on the small size it just runs all the time. Also make sure it has a built in timer function and thermostat, so you only heat when you need to.

Makes models?

The other option choose any radiator you like. Add an element say 2kW and have a remote timer thermostat so it actually measures room temp. You just fill with water and some car antifreeze. More choice more adaptability.

I like the second option, was actually thinking about this the other week for a small towel rail radiator.

8 minutes ago, SilverShadow said:

think I will probably opt for this one

Thought you wanted something contemporary, not a pastiche of a 1920 cast iron radiator.

For similar money you can get an A2AHP.

Even more 'Ultra Efficient' than a 'ceramic core'.

My 1980s storage heaters have ceramic cores, called bricks.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1

Am guessing, but contemporary for £300-£350 might be a bit tricky 😉

Tbf, its not space age, but still a long way from the old cast iron rads of yester-century

Was there something specific that would meet the price range & just be a wall mountable unit with simple installation? 🤔

Many thanks for your sound advice 😀

We opted against oil filled in case of leaks & preferred to avoid free standing units.

We're hoping to sell the house later this year - we wanted something sturdier than just a free wheel oil radiator, but didn't want to break the bank either.

Electric rads seemed like the best choice.

Great to get your input to help with the decision making 👍

Shadow