Cooker wiring help

Dee

Hi,

I'm trying to put back an existing cooker socket but what are these two black wires and where do they connect too? Something to do with the red light. They're just floating around in there!

Does it matter if the earth, that goes into the bottom right terminal touches the black?

Having a bitch trying yo get 3 earth wires to stay put in the terminal....they are so thick...any advice please??

16914204281865025056016313154451.jpg

As well as getting different sized earths (why three?) to clamp, have fun getting those tiny black wires to clamp in the output terminals alongside the much larger outgoing wires.

Some better makes of switch have the neon wires already terminated and out of sight.

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

3 earths- supply, load and earth to back box?

I don't subscribe to the earth fly lead.  Unecessary congenstion in an already tight back box.  As long as one of the screws is into a fixed lug, most regard an earth fly lead as not needed.

• Thanks 1

Do having got all the cables back in I've now stripped one screw! It's m3.5. I bought m4 but there's no way on gods green earth I'm taking the socket off to drill the lug bigger.

What are my options?

TonyT.....I did squish it....FLAT!  Managed to get small mole grips in and flattened it good and proper! Still able to drill smaller hole and used an m4 screw and somehow it worked! Bloody nightmare, need fingers thin as knitting needles

Thanks though