Hello Everyone!

renovator

Hi Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker and have really found the advice and experience of the members in here to start researching and now renovating both my mum's property and eventually my own. 

I'm about to embark on the first renovation and a rear full width single rear extension for a 3 bed 2001 detached property. I'll be annoying many of you on here on UFH, building queries etc.

Thanks!

M

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, renovator said:

I'll be annoying many of you on here

Oh no you won’t 🤣 (Christmas is coming, eventually, like summer), bring it on, remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, stupid is not asking. We have all “been there, done that” so lots of real world advise not salesmen BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saveasteading said:

The only annoying questions are 1.  The best answer is "Google it".

2. When you are agreeing with 'them' and not me

Also “ you did it wrong “ as a response . Not something I’m familiar with of course 🙄

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Welcome. 

After much lurking, what is it you feel  you are in most need of more info on?

Hey!

I need some advice on parts of the renovation, including:

1. UFH: I've researched into a few companies but wanted to ask about insulation, zoning and what components the providers have included within the quote.
  2. PIV: I've opted to go with a PIV to provide ventilation in the property and also remove the need for trickle vents. I wanted to ask about making this system effective and what I should be considering when the builders starts

Think they are the two main points for now. Building work starts in 5-6 weeks and there will be other topics I'd be keen to get the forum's perspectives on.

Many thanks 

19 hours ago, Temp said:

I'm sure all of us have learnt something just eavesdropping on someone's question and the replies. I know I have.

+1. I normally use the search function to find previous questions on a subject first.