Mystery plastic strip for window restrictor

Surfdude

Have some Origin windows whose restrictors don’t restrict much at all, windows fly wide open all the time. Strikes me that I could limit their opening if I could get hold of some more of the plastic insert that was placed in the channels by the installers.

Unfortunately, they’ve gone bust so I don’t know where to get extra inserts from. Have any of you guys come across them?

040446EE-2CBC-4141-A000-1FD6A9CD04C2.jpeg

3C3C6D34-4D1A-4890-9F06-20234CFC107F.jpeg

Hi Rob

Yes, thank you, I did indeed consider that. Only thing is that means unscrewing the window from the hinges in order to insert the screws. Don’t really want to start doing that, unless I really have to.

Obtaining and just cutting a few lengths of those profiles would be a whole heap simpler. Just a question of locating a source for the darn things!

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Google.. Channel closure strip or Channel cover strip. 

That looks fruitful, thanks for the heads up on the terminology (and thanks to Rob99 and MikeSharp 01 for the suggested alternatives).

1 hour ago, Rob99 said:

Just another thought, is there a manufacturers name anywhere on the hinge? Might narrow down an online search, or give you somebody to ask.

You can just make out the word austenitic (?) on the channel in the photos but I think that just a type of stainless steel. 

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Cut a little bit, 5-10 mm of the plastic top you want, take it to someone with a 3D printer, e.g. @Onoff and ask them to print you some lengths for you. 

Some 3D printers are held together with T nuts. You put them in the channel, turn them 90 degrees and tighten a screw to fix in place. Something similar would probably work here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob99 said:

Just another thought, is there a manufacturers name anywhere on the hinge? Might narrow down an online search, or give you somebody to ask.

Sadly not. As Temp says, it just mentions the type of steel used…