Bathroom UFH Probe

richo106

I will be mounting my UFH thermostat (Neostat v2) on the outside of my bathroom. I will be using a 3m heatmiser sensor probe and my plan was to:

Chase out the wall (bathroom side) install the cable in oval conduit

Router out around 15mm deep slot in my 22mm T&G floorboards for the cable and sensor to fit in (between loops)

6mm board will be over the top then tiled

Is this the best way to do this? monitor temperature in my bathrooms?

Many Thanks

Why bother? just balance the flow rate to get the heat output you want and have it so the bathroom comes on when ever there is a heat demand else where in the house.

One less thermostat especially on a small zone can only be good, to help keep whatever boiler you have happy. Also no need for the thermostat, wiring or actuator on the manifold.

3 hours ago, richo106 said:

I will be mounting my UFH thermostat (Neostat v2) on the outside of my bathroom. I will be using a 3m heatmiser sensor probe and my plan was to:

Chase out the wall (bathroom side) install the cable in oval conduit

Router out around 15mm deep slot in my 22mm T&G floorboards for the cable and sensor to fit in (between loops)

6mm board will be over the top then tiled

Is this the best way to do this? monitor temperature in my bathrooms?

Many Thanks

We have wet UFH in our bathroom.

Used a Heatmiser programmable stat on wall outside bathroom with a remote wall mounted air temperature sensor in the bathroom.

Works well as we can have the bathroom heated at times of year when we wouldn't have the bedrooms heated.

Electrical or water UFH?

If electrical, suggest there should be a layer of (probably thin-ish) insulation under the cable, and the probe can ride on that along with the heating cable. Even better - put in two probes, one as a spare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Temp said:

We have wet UFH in our bathroom.

Used a Heatmiser programmable stat on wall outside bathroom with a remote wall mounted air temperature sensor in the bathroom.

Works well as we can have the bathroom heated at times of year when we wouldn't have the bedrooms heated.

What remote wall mounted air temperature sensor have you got?

Ive seen the covers for the temperature probe but not sure how aesthetically pleasing they look 

That’s our thinking regarding the control 

53 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Electrical or water UFH?

If electrical, suggest there should be a layer of (probably thin-ish) insulation under the cable, and the probe can ride on that along with the heating cable. Even better - put in two probes, one as a spare.

Water UFH

6 hours ago, richo106 said:

What remote wall mounted air temperature sensor have you got?

I actually made one. Its just a 10k NTC (@25C) resistor. Something like this and some heat shrink sheeve to insulate the wires after soldering. I used telephone cable to hook it up to the stat. Only need two wires but ideally they should be twisted together. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs-NTC-10k-Thermistor-MF52-103-Temperature-Sensitive-Resistor/264908446152?hash=item3dadc619c8:g:d04AAOSwYP5i58R2&pageci=3bf7b223-b3df-4e6b-a18e-b2df511f1ba3&redirect=mobile

I put it in a small plastic box (about the size of a match box) with a few holes drilled along the top and bottom. If doing it again a could probably 3D print an even smaller one. 

Google found another make that im sure would also work... 

https://www.sterlingsensors.co.uk/indoor-wall-mount-thermistor-sensor.html

I'm sure Heatmiser must make a a remote air temperature sensor - I probably made mine after seeing the price !

20230727_020028.thumb.jpg.8a2421488206ea487273254d3183e2f6.jpg

Edited by Temp