Durable see-through corrugated plastic for shed

Jilly

Can anyone recommend plastic roof sheets for a shed which won't become brittle and disintegrate in no time, please? I'd like to get some natural light in.

It currently has the bitumen corrugated stuff, some of which is which is damaged, and the shed is very dark. 

It seems difficult to get the corrugations to match. I also have some sheets of spare metal to edge it with. Any suggestions/experiences please?

I've just replaced a bitumen roof on the chicken run with Suntuf corrugated polycarbonate sheets, they seem better than the really cheap ones, though they do need a fair amount of support

• Like 1

you could use the twin wall polycarbonate sheets.

my friend did his with the opaque sections they use in industrial units.  they are an off white creamy colour that let light through but wont melt you like a conservatory roof if its sunny.

• Like 1

I don’t know if you can still buy it, but my workshop is roofed in corrugated fibreglass. It went up in ‘72 and is still fine.

Edit: yep, still available…. Google will help

Edited by HughF

On 20/07/2023 at 13:17, Jilly said:

currently has the bitumen corrugated stuff,

That isn't strong in itself so you don't have to worry about the roohlight strength.

For strength you need fibreglass sheets madd to the vladdinv profile. There are also  polycarbonate moulded to suit, which will simply lap, whereas twin wall is fiddly to fit.

If there is an agricultural cladding supplier near you, they will get it in the right profile.

But don't the bitumen sheet people offer clear sheets too?

Buying one panel might be quite costly.

Come back on here for fixing advice....basically use very big washers.

• Thanks 1