Screeding

nod

14 ton down today another 14 tomorrow and the screed out of the way 

I going to bring a company in to do a flow screed But I’ve been on a couple of job’s recently where they have lifted 

I went with what I know in the end 

Shame really as I don’t bother putting matting down with flow screed Unless it’s specified 

A30704EB-118F-4836-B91C-38CE1C776352.jpeg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Do you buy in readymix and just get your wife to barrow it in and lay it?

SWMBO and I managed 10m2 @ 70mm of S&C screed in an afternoon. Never fancy that job again. 

54 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Do you buy in readymix and just get your wife to barrow it in and lay it?

Yes ready mix 30 years ago I always had a mixer pump Mix it up then pump it in 

36 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

not a fan of flow screed either. 

Yeah Dave I fully intended using flo screed as it great for tiles and great to let someone else do it Nearly 62 now 😁

The problem with flow seams to be it getting under the insulation I think the trick would be to let the screeding company do the membrane and taping up 

8 minutes ago, nod said:

The problem with flow seams to be it getting under the insulation I think the trick would be to let the screeding company do the membrane and taping up 

or do the membrane and taping yourself so you know it's done right! then get someone to do the flow screed. 😉 

33 minutes ago, nod said:

Yeah Dave I fully intended using flo screed as it great for tiles and great to let someone else do it Nearly 62 now 😁

screeding is a trade and a skill i think. pumping liquid just doesn't seem the same. 

1 hour ago, Thorfun said:

or do the membrane and taping yourself so you know it's done right! then get someone to do the flow screed. 😉 

I did all of mine. I also ran it up the walls a bit and up the windows which impressed the screeders as most folk don’t bother and it can make a right mess. No problems so far. The screeders showed me pictures of some right disasters though that they’ve had to try and fix. What a mess some of them were. The worst was straight onto the foil backed insulation. Bubbled up and lifted everywhere. 

17 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I did all of mine. I also ran it up the walls a bit and up the windows which impressed the screeders as most folk don’t bother and it can make a right mess. No problems so far. The screeders showed me pictures of some right disasters though that they’ve had to try and fix. What a mess some of them were. The worst was straight onto the foil backed insulation. Bubbled up and lifted everywhere. 

Did all ours too. Screeders said it was all top notch. Also regaled me with tales of horror preparation work!

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

screeding is a trade and a skill i think. pumping liquid just doesn't seem the same. 

Back in the day 

We would screed in the morning Then lay boards and tile in the afternoon 

No flex adhesive back then