Quick wardrobe lighting question

Adsibob

I have a wardrobe, consisting of two 1m wide carcasses butted up against eachother so they are side by side, i.e. the wardrobe is 2m wide in total, and there are 4 x 497mm wide doors, two for each carcass.

I need to make a provision for lighting these wardrobes from the inside. There is one 13A power socket available (located inside one of the two carcasses), but I could possibly also have a separate lighting circuit, as the area hasn't been plastered yet and the sparky may be able to work some magic.

Is there a way of having 2 x 1m LED strips, one at the top of each carcass, so that if one opens either door of a carcass, the light comes on on that carcass only? I was going to use push to break switches, but not sure how the wiring would work to have the two carcasses lighted independently, and for each carcass light to come on regardless of which of its two doors is opened.

Edited by Adsibob

3 hours ago, TonyT said:

inwill draw something tomorrow for you to use the Normal switches 

Thanks, much appreciated.

4 hours ago, TonyT said:

Have you looked at the hafele website I mentioned before.

they do a lot of shopfitter based gear

No. Problem is that I specified the wardrobe already to have a routered out channel for a specific led strip, so I’m stuck with that now, and hadn’t appreciated the complexity of making push to break switches work well with double doors.

34 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

hadn’t appreciated the complexity of making push to break switches work well with double doors

Just where two switxhes in parrallel. When either door is opened the LED strip will illuminate. 

• Like 1