Anyone using Intelligent Octopus....

9 minutes ago, NSS said:

... as well as a Myenergi Zappi and PV?

If so, are you still able to charge with excess solar?

I'm getting conflicting advice from Octopus.

Have you tried the Myenergi forum? I've found it pretty good.

18 hours ago, jack said:

Have you tried the Myenergi forum? I've found it pretty good.

Thanks Jack. Not as yet, but had another conversation with Octopus, with someone apparently more knowledgeable than previous. Seems that it won't be possible to charge from excess solar as the Octopus app won't allow the Zappi to control anything once on the Intelligent tariff.

Edited to add - only charger they claim compatibility with at present is Ohme. Hopefully others will follow. 

2 hours ago, NSS said:

Thanks Jack. Not as yet, but had another conversation with Octopus, with someone apparently more knowledgeable than previous. Seems that it won't be possible to charge from excess solar as the Octopus app won't allow the Zappi to control anything once on the Intelligent tariff.

Edited to add - only charger they claim compatibility with at present is Ohme. Hopefully others will follow. 

I've been following this in the forum because we've been planning to get a Zappi for a while. I believe the Zappi is about to be added to the compatibility list for intelligent octopus. I believe they're in final testing.

That's only for the 6 hours of cheap charging though. I don't know what that means for charging the car using solar.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/08/2023 at 14:33, NSS said:

For anyone else who's interested, I have it on very good authority that Zappi integration with Intelligent Octopus is expected to roll out in early September. 

Any news or update on this?

octopus have just this week upped their export rate from 4p to 15.5p on Intelligent so makes it much more appealing

Edited by 227 BHA

On 08/09/2023 at 15:47, 227 BHA said:

octopus have just this week upped their export rate from 4p to 15.5p on Intelligent so makes it much more appealing

Not heard anything as yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2023 at 22:19, NSS said:

Not heard anything as yet.

On 08/09/2023 at 15:47, 227 BHA said:

Apparently now live. Will be giving it a go in the next day or two and will report back once up and running.

Edited by NSS

9 hours ago, NSS said:

Apparently now live. Will be giving it a go in the next day or two and will report back once up and running.

Doesn’t seem to be? although I’m lucky that I’ve been accepted onto the second wave of 200 odd beta testers going live in the next 24 hours or so.

The fact that they’re still going through testing very much suggests it’s not live as you said?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 27/09/2023 at 07:43, 227 BHA said:

Doesn’t seem to be? although I’m lucky that I’ve been accepted onto the second wave of 200 odd beta testers going live in the next 24 hours or so.

The fact that they’re still going through testing very much suggests it’s not live as you said?🤷‍♂️

Okay, I hadn't read the email properly. As you, it was an invitation to join the Beta test, and I've just connected 👍🏻 

First charge successfully completed last night. Interestingly, it chose to charge in three separate 30 minute blocks, with 3o minutes between each block.

Seems it will only charge by the percentage you request, ie last night I requested it add 25% (as was already 70% charged) and stopped it stopped at 95%.

On 01/10/2023 at 23:24, TonyT said:

In charge my storage heaters on the same tariff, win win 

Yes, just reprogrammed our ASHP to make best use of the longer (than Go) cheap rate period.