Glue for polythene

Russell griffiths

Pity you didn't get it on video, could have been used as advertising by the people that make the stuff (think along the lines of the puppies and toilet roll............) :D

On a serious note, nothing bonds to polythene, it has an extremely low surface energy, so to get any adhesive to bond to it long term requires something like plasma treatment of the surface to increase the surface energy.  Having said that, there are some adhesive tapes that bond reasonably well to the stuff.  Polytunnel repair tape works well, and although the bond will degrade over a few years, that doesn't really matter much for a warning tape.

I have just passed full ownership of the dog over to my wife, I have informed her that from now on I will bill her directly for any loss caused by her puppy. 

She informed me my dinner my dinner tonight was waiting for me at the chip shop. 

Oh well I didn't win that one. 

• Like 1

i asked this a while ago on ebuild 

http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/18654-what-sticks-to-polythene/page__hl__ sticks polythene

are you hoping to stick the warning tape back together?

if so i really wouldnt bother, just give it a massive lap or tie a knot in it, 

as long as the person digging sees something yellow i really wouldnt worry if they can read the print or not ;) 

On 18/08/2017 at 19:45, Construction Channel said:

i asked this a while ago on ebuild 

http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/18654-what-sticks-to-polythene/page__hl__ sticks polythene

are you hoping to stick the warning tape back together?

if so i really wouldnt bother, just give it a massive lap or tie a knot in it, 

as long as the person digging sees something yellow i really wouldnt worry if they can read the print or not ;) 

My local groundworks guy is known as "The Vicker" locally as he's taken allot of services in his career :D 

• Like 1