Commenting on a planning application

cowsgomoo

Hi, 

Need help with using sheffield planning portal. 

my other half has submitted a planning objection to our neighbours extension but I disagree and support the proposal. Particularly after our large extension (unrelated but yes they did object to ours - I thought fair enough when they objected ). I don't want difficult neighbourly relations which is highly important to me. There does not appear to be means of deleting or editing the wording of my partners objection. On their log in, we see there is an option to comment again, does anyone know if this would override the original comment, or if phoning the planners is likely to have any luck? Does anyone know how to edit/delete a comment or if planners can delete a comment for us? It's really bothering me a great deal. 

thank you for any suggestions 

Just write to the planning department quoting the planning reference number and stating you wish to withdraw your previous objection. It will need to be your other half that sends the letter. 

We submitted a lengthy and scathing objection to our neighbours plans. They still say hi and stop for chats, and we split the cost of trimming the boundary hedge. All depends on how they take it.

If your partners objection isn't based on planning law / policy, the it'll not really be taken in to account anyway.

1 hour ago, Temp said:

Just write to the planning department quoting the planning reference number and stating you wish to withdraw your previous objection. It will need to be your other half that sends the letter. 

Exactly 

Its normal for an objection to be withdrawn