wet manifold flow guage! Is that normal?

oranjeboom

Since I need to contact Wunda about some dented UFH pipe they supplied, I thought I would also question them about the manifold they supplied. I noted this when I fixed it to the wall that a number of the flow guages were wet (You may just be able to make it out in the pic). I haven't plumbed anything in yet or pressure tested anything either. So, is it normal that these are sometimes wet? Packaging was all dry. I suspect that they perhaps test their manifolds at some point before shipping to the customer in which case that is fine.

I also purchased some acoustic ufh panels and noted that a number of these had scratches/dents and drips of plaster/paint on the foil layer in addition to coffee stains, so clearly these returns from another customer. So I may question them on that also whilst I'm at it. Not even as though these were discounted panels so a bit annoyed about that. So my overall thinking is that a lot of this stuff was returns from another customer including the manifold.

Maybe I'm just a fussy old git.

20170815_180420_resized.jpg

The water may be normal / evidence from it having been wet tested as part of the manufacture / quality-control process. I cannot, however, recall ever having one delivered with evidence of that so question that with Wunda. @JSHarris, any feedback? 

The rest is just bad business, and at the least they should have offered you a seconds discount / opportunity to decline them. Return the lot, less the manifold, unless you can see evidence that the manifold has been fitted previously. As coffee stains and paint splashes won't really harm the performance I'd go for a discount on the price and shave a few bucks off the cost ;) 

22 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

The water may be normal / evidence from it having been wet tested as part of the manufacture / quality-control process. I cannot, however, recall ever having one delivered with evidence of that so question that with Wunda. @JSHarris, any feedback? 

The rest is just bad business, and at the least they should have offered you a seconds discount / opportunity to decline them. Return the lot, less the manifold, unless you can see evidence that the manifold has been fitted previously. As coffee stains and paint splashes won't really harm the performance I'd go for a discount on the price and shave a few bucks off the cost ;) 

I seem to remember that mine was wet inside when I received it.  I suspect it may well just be left over from leak testing during manufacture.  I didn't have any problems with the Wunda manifold, other than finding that it is fairly critical to make sure the joints at the ends aren't under any strain.  If the pipes connecting to the manifold put the end joints under any appreciable side load (because of misalignment) then those joints with the O rings can weep a bit.

Phoned them yesterday and also told them about one of the 100m coils having dents every 80cm or so which I'm not too worried about but said that the overall impression that I have is that they have fobbed me off with someone else's leftovers (apart from the manifold). Guy I spoke to suspected it was just condensation in the guages after being 'out' for a while (he did not implicitly state it was from testing). Checked my other manifold for the upstairs UFH which was still boxed and that too has signs of moisture in the guages. I just want them to have a record of me contacting them in case it turns out that they have shipped me with returns/rejects etc. He was at least shocked about the panels and asked me to send pics of all of my concerns, so I waiting on a response from them.

Apart from the moisture in the guages, the connection ends all seem dry and there are no signs of previous use/connections. Just annoyed that the panels are clearly not 100% new with the scratches and not being flat (may have to weight them down with some breeze blocks when the time comes to install them.

Off to lay my last downstairs loop. Quite enjoyable laying all this stuff!

not_flat.jpg

wunda used boards.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some feedback after me chasing them for a response....apparently my email to Wunda got lost in their system.

1) Wet particular manifold was one of the ones they checked before shipment. A certain percentile are tested, they say. I'm fine with that.

2) Dented coil is a cosmetic impact thing. I'm fine with that if it had happened on site but a bit annoyed that it must have been shipped like that in the first place. It was carefully packed on the pallet and could not have happened in transit as otherwise some of the others would have had dings too.

3) As for the dented/scratched boards with plaster marks and coffee stains...." Well this was the slightly thornier issue. I’m afraid that nobody can account for storage of panels from date of delivery 8.7.17 until your contact to us on 16.8.17 ". Yes, they can't vouch for what happened to them after delivery. In the same flamin' way I can't account for these boards their warehouse!!  ".... it’s quite literally impossible for you to have received used materials as any returns are quarantined. I have been assured that your specific purchase has not been through the hands of anybody else". Well I would know if anyone's been plastering on site or having coffee breaks in my house as it's only me on site so it must have been shipped in that condition!

With hindsight, yes, I should have checked every component carefully on receipt, but this is not always possible.

Though I am not really happy with their overall service (numerous screw ups in the design, ignored my specs, no returned calls etc) I did choose them for their product and what people on here have said about them. Just hope it all works now!

3 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

".... it’s quite literally impossible for you to have received used materials as any returns are quarantined. 

Well that's clearly false. It's "literally" possible that an error was made with a return and the goods ended up with you.

Still, thanks for initial story and for following up with the results. Hopefully others will see it and think twice (or at least check their packages sooner) when considering ordering from Wunda.

I won't go off-topic and bore you with the similar issue I had with the UVC I had from McDonald Engineering... :ph34r: