How does the radon barrier fit around the windposts? Does the radon go under the windposts or do we tape it around them?

We have had disagreement about the radon barrier on top of the slab.The groundsman and various builders say you so the perimeter and where the walls go internally & get it checked by the building control, thats what they do elsewhere. Later on you obviously do the rest. BC came out and said no way, do the lot. So that means a lots of stomping on the radon barrier. It seems a risk to it but if it's the way BC want it - it shall be done. I can only guess other BC officers take a diff approach. As a self builder it's confusing but I appreciate our BC is trying to keep us right and he must be following rules. I DO want to do things right.

So now got lots of carpet ends and after building control has signed it off with cover it in carpet in the middle to try and keep the plastic undamaged. I said this to the builder and his eyebrows raised above his hairline lol.

Other thing, how do we do the windposts? Does the radon go under the windposts or do we tape it around them?

Edited by CalvinHobbes

Normally wind posts will go down to foundation and radon barrier is up near DPC. 

Which means you'd normally need to tape around them I guess. They'd be in the cavity though so any leakage should largely be ventilated to external air.

+1 on the Section

2 hours ago, George said:

you'd normally need to tape around

Yes it's that simple. A buoyant bubble of gas that reached that point will force through any tiny gap, so don't have any gaps.

Another solution is to thread a perforated pipe from there out to fresh air. Ask more if necessary.

But barrier and tape is the easiest way.