Smashed Outer Pane

LA3222

Well. I've managed to ping a stone at the window and smashed an outer pane😒

It's a weekend so can't find out for sure, anyone have an idea of how much this cock up is going to set me back from triple glazed pane and fitting🤷‍♂️

20230611_140750.jpg

@ProDave, like yourself I'm a Rationel customer - they are all serialised so going to speak to them tomorrow about ordering a replacement. No idea what the damage will.be, I'm sure I will have to take myself off to a dark corner for a bit of rocking when the quote comes in!

@Dave Jones I have pondered this, always been reluctant to claim on insurance for stuff as I'm convinced they see you off with future premiums if you do.

@SteamyTea I'm mentally preparing myself for ten times what you paid back in the day. Prepare for the worst and then anything seems like a bargain!

8 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

ten times what you paid back in the day. Prepare for the worst and then anything seems like a bargain

Phone up all the small glazing companies. I found a great one not too far from me.

Look online as well.

7 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

@ProDave, like yourself I'm a Rationel customer - they are all serialised so going to speak to them tomorrow about ordering a replacement. No idea what the damage will.be, I'm sure I will have to take myself off to a dark corner for a bit of rocking when the quote comes in!

Best of luck with that.  They would not supply glass only to us, even as part of an order for the windows for our sun room.  The only choice we had was the 2 local run of the mill window companies and were less than impressed by what they offered.  You might be lucky and find a glazing supplier near you that actually understands windows and will make you a decent pane.