Anybody got any quick tips to get my layout working. I downloaded a trial few weeks back and made a start but was struggling to make any progress. The weather has been ace, and if I can get a layout sorted, and ufh installed might be able to pour my spab by next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I played with loopcad and got a reasonable layout. Then just went to Wunda and got them to do it properly instead!

I can feel a freehand layout, based on past experience coming on.🤔

20 minutes ago, Jenki said:

I can feel a freehand layout, based on past experience coming on.🤔

I’m sure freehand is fine for serpentine layout as it’s just up and down but I wanted a spiral layout which requires more thought….or computer software!

Well its seems necessity is the mother of invention, sat down for a few hours, previewed a few of the tutorials, the one regarding importing a pdf was the key for me, I was away then.  I seem to have a workable layout now. 🙂  Off to find my floor tacker, and staples.

anyone looking at this thread in the future RTFM.  (or the video tutorials, they are good. )

• Like 1

I just followed the online tutorials. No experience of any alternative software. So I don’t really have an informed opinion. 

I thought LoopCAD was great.  No only does it allow you to design UFH layouts, it also includes heat loss calculations. I was pleased that my heat loss calcs in LoopCAD, were consistent with the output from Jeremy spreadsheet. 

I’m still a long way off commissioning my system, but will be interested to see how the flow rate and temperature calcs in LoopCAD compare to my actual real world installation.