Uneven slanted floor, big problem with kitchen plinth

Hello all. 

Our kitchen floor (after being tiled), is heavily slanted on one side. as a result in order to have the kitchen countertop straight and level, we had to have one side of the cabinets (+counter) to be at 870mm height and the far right side at 910mm height. As you can imaging the standard plinth provided for the kitchen was 150mm this leaves a massive 3 to 4 cm gap at the top of the plinth on one side. 

Does anyone have any advise on what we can do so that it doesn't look awful ?  

I have tried to cut a plinth and place it on top of the other, but the seam is way too visible and ruins the entire gloss aspect of the kitchen finish. 

any advice greatly appreciated. 

In a previous house I hand made the kitchen and the kickboard I made from ply and covered it in black floor Lino, you could join/ make your own plinth and glue something you like over it.

28 minutes ago, joe90 said:

In a previous house I hand made the kitchen and the kickboard I made from ply and covered it in black floor Lino, you could join/ make your own plinth and glue something you like over it.

That is an option, I would think. That means that the "expensive" plinths that came with the kitchen are going to waste though. Which is what I was trying to avoid seeing if anyone had any ideas I hadn't considered. 

7 hours ago, john_the_clueless said:

That is an option, I would think. That means that the "expensive" plinths that came with the kitchen are going to waste though. Which is what I was trying to avoid seeing if anyone had any ideas I hadn't considered. 

Any chance the suppliers make a taller plinth or a tall cupboard door you could cut down? 

15 hours ago, Temp said:

Any chance the suppliers make a taller plinth or a tall cupboard door you could cut down? 

It is B&Q ..half the order was wrong, half was damaged, and they sell only what's on the catalogue I'm afraid. 

I need almost four and a half meters of plinth, taking doors to cut down would be tremendously expensive.

Ask them to give you the name of the board manufacturer and the colour. Explain your problem nicely to them and try and get onto there good side. If they do a bit of digging they should be able to find this information for you. Once you have that, you stand a chance of finding a company that does boards cut and edged to size. If it is not a simple colour that they often use, buying in the board will cost you. Prob the cheapest way will be to chat very nicely to the B N Q person, and getting them to sell you an end panel at a massive reduced cost from retail price.