Built in microwave that doesn't keep beeping?

I have a built in microwave and when the time is up it beeps.  Useful.  Sadly it continues to beep every 30 seconds until the door is opened or another button is pressed.  V. annoying.  There was no way of turning off the repeating beeps.  Said microwave has now crapped itself and I would like a replacement that does not continue with the needy beeping.  I tried some appliance suppliers who claimed this to be a safety feature but I cannot work out how it is unsafe as the beeping does not start until the microwave has stopped heating.

Does anyone have a built in microwave that doesn't repeatedly beep, or are they all just annoying? 

On 04/06/2023 at 17:06, TonyT said:

Open up microwave and twist off sounder from circuit board/ desolder.

I am happy for it to beep when the timer is up, just not every 30 seconds after.  I hoped that there was a built in microwave that does not incorporate this "cunning" feature, or at least allows me to turn it off.

14 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I am happy for it to beep when the timer is up, just not every 30 seconds after.  I hoped that there was a built in microwave that does not incorporate this "cunning" feature, or at least allows me to turn it off.

Lazy bugger ! Should be cooking proper food 😎

46 minutes ago, pocster said:

Lazy bugger ! Should be cooking proper food 😎

Having been involved with catering for over 45 years, I still don't know what proper, real or fine food really is.

Flavour and calories is all I care about.