Recommendation for LED strip cabinet light

Adsibob

2 hours ago, TonyT said:

Jesus, can no one use a finger anymore.

switch on switch off

Apparently my family cannot. But I’m any case, the point is I want to use the light being on as a reminder to close the desk, because leaving the desk open when not in use is not ideal given its location.

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

so during the day they won't notice the light and it will burn needlessly. The corner of a shelf in the hips/ ribs OTOH might just focus the mind...

Lol. Nice idea, but we rounded the corners.

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2023 at 08:55, TonyT said:

im sure there are options in the Hafele catalogue but don’t know that one so well compared to the TLC one

So I found the Hafele push to break switch, and it might just be perfect: https://www.sdslondon.co.uk/loox-led-door-contact-switch-12v-24v.html

The only issue is that it says it is for use with the hafele Loox driver. But presumably my electrician can just cut off the loox connector at the end of the cable and wire the cable to a simple power supply like this: https://www.ledspace.co.uk/products/powerpro-15w-24v-led-power-supply?variant=2032926556170 

I cannot switch to the Loox system for everything else because the channel for the LED strip has already been routered for the led profile sold by Ledspace.co.uk, but i really like the shape of the loox contact switch.

2 hours ago, dpmiller said:

So that's a low voltage switch and you can only switch the output of the driver with it eg the driver is turned on 247.

sorry, when you say "that's a low voltage switch" isn't that what I need, given I'm using a power supply that is 24v ? Or is there a difference between a power supply and a driver?