Garage drain point/gully/capped outlet

Vijay

9 minutes ago, AliG said:

I wanted to do that, but the builder and architect both reckoned it was better to have a fall on the garage floor with a drain outside along the front edge of the doors.

I'd tend to go with that option, but don't overdo the fall.

My current garage is approx 9m x 5m with a level floor. Even if you bring in a car in winter that is snow covered by the time the snow has melted you only end up with a bit of water pooling underneath. This can soon be mopped up / swept out the next day if it's a problem.

55 minutes ago, RichS said:

I'd tend to go with that option, but don't overdo the fall.

My current garage is approx 9m x 5m with a level floor. Even if you bring in a car in winter that is snow covered by the time the snow has melted you only end up with a bit of water pooling underneath. This can soon be mopped up / swept out the next day if it's a problem.

That's exactly why I thought of it, winter and car in the garage. A very expensive house my Mum work in had a central drain in the garage where they would just use a large squeegee to push the water into the drain - https://www.clickcleaning.co.uk/products/22inch-aluminium-floor-squeegee-2905?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8b_MBRDcARIsAKJE7llMQcyE_YEdP2UuzvUuyOr_6bp8ZlEUqH_2Wol9AtwIoJuRNb2tJxoaAvyHEALw_wcB

So you don't need a drain to do that, just a gully down the centre that leads outside - or even creates a T with the outside drain. 

Only benefit of an inside one is if you are going to have a sink etc in there. 

But surely with a gully you will then have a nice draught?

I should have mentioned that I will be having two drainage pipes running up through the garage into the area above the garage anyway, one in each corner, so the middle drain could easily be linked into those

I am having a sink in there :)