Advice on Storm Drains. Rogue Builders left me with half finished job

Hi,

I want to complete a storm drain in my back garden, however there is a hopper with a single connection there which is already connected to a 110mm pipe.

I wanted to replace or then push it lower so I can use a bottom outlet adapted to 110mm fitting.

What is my best option?

Please advise, I am new to this and unfortunately I cannot afford to pay another builder to complete this work at the moment.

I've attached some pictures.

Thanks in advance

16855495886651720114516230970660.jpg

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Where does the drain with the hopper go?

Did it take water from the downpipe and you have turned it away temporariliy?

In other words is that drain shown  for rainwater and your proposed drain also for rainwater?

Yes and yes. So the hopper is connected to a 110mm pipe that connects into an inspection chamber elsewhere in my garden.

I have taps further along the wall and I'm looking to add paving so wanted to fit storm drains along the wall and drain through hopper. But hopper placement is not ideal

I've tried to dig around the hopper but I'm struggling to get it out to be honest.

The hopper is sitting lower than I want my storm drains to be placed. Is there any adapter I could by which would divert the water from the bottom of the storm drain into the hopper?

14 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Then it looks to me, and I think @Onoff , that you could dispose of the hopper, install a grating drain along the wall , and connect it to the pipe.

aco is thc best known name but cheaper types will do for your situation.

image.png.d54321101d34764e13f2924d2bf11418.png

It should be just a push fit. Try wriggling and levering.

It looks like it is connected to a bend, so maybe the next joint will be easier.

Then another pic and we can all look again it.

But your finished surface should not be too close to the dpc, which is visible in the photo.

once you get the hopper off you might need something like 

ACO 110mm Universal Outlet End Cap : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools and then maybe a 110mm 90 angle, i've no experience doing this but to me it seems like a solution.

Just work out your depths and make sure the ACO is sitting nicely below the DPC or you'll end up giving yourself further issues.

And where is the drainpipe going to drain to? Into the aco channel?, or do you want to have the hopper for the drain pipe and channel for surface?

Edited by crispy_wafer
additional q?

5 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

once you get the hopper off you might need something like 

ACO 110mm Universal Outlet End Cap : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools and then maybe a 110mm 90 angle, i've no experience doing this but to me it seems like a solution.

Just work out your depths and make sure the ACO is sitting nicely below the DPC or you'll end up giving yourself further issues.

And where is the drainpipe going to drain to? Into the aco channel?, or do you want to have the hopper for the drain pipe and channel for surface?

I guess I'll have to remove the hopper in that case. Was really hoping to avoid digging out and changing pipes and was hoping for a way to convert the bottom of the aco into the hopper but hey ho. Probably for the best to give me more room for the DPC anyway.