Durisol ICF: tying in the first to subsequent pours: which resin?

8 hours ago, jamiehamy said:

That piece of half cast rebar annoys me - what poor workmanship - it's essentially a lintel that has being cast in two parts. I would absolutely put a fresh length over that on a concrete chair or something and cast it anew. As for resin fastening rebar - its your money but if that's what the S. E demands,  fair enough but if not,  dowels are what should be needed if you want peace of mind. The cement in the concrete will embed it and do the job as it would in any other area - resin not required. 

It's annoying me too, and for the sake of a few minutes work could have been a lot better.  

I suppose this is a good example of the differences between different ICF systems, each system having pluses and minuses.  How a lintel is reinforced in our ICF block:

P5110056.thumb.JPG.7a3f8ca6e1c500ed21dddbcf136f5f05.JPG

This is how our walls were left prior to the gable blocks being built and poured.  

P5110074.thumb.JPG.bc01dc2484afeaf14452b49521f6af2b.JPG

Is the absence of any rebar simply down to a lack of builder experience with the system being used and a simple (wrong) assumption that because it was only one course, it wouldn't matter?

• Like 1

Whoever installed that yellow string line with the block under it. 

Buy that man a beer, this is the correct way to use a line to check for run out. 

Anybody putting a line tight to the face risks creating a belly in the wall as you can't see it pushing on the line and you think it is all hunky dorey until it's to late. 

Top ?