Site security cameras and progress report

Hi all,

From expecting a very long wait for a ‘bat licence’ it came through on Wednesday so we can now demolish the old house.  I spoke to my demo contractor who has been held up on another site due to newts and can start on Tuesday. So I’m catapulted from a restful break in Malta to long distance organising within an hour or receiving the licence.

On the same evening that I received the licence the house got broken into by kids wanting somewhere to smoke weed away from mummy and daddy and fortunately nothing was stolen but it does alert me to the dangers of potential invasions throughout the build. The site is in a quiet residential area with great neighbours ( so far) but I would like to deter any future visits especially when we start the build phase. 

Can anyone recommend a decent site security camera that could then be used on the houses on completion. I will soon have power on the site ( great neighbours) and I have a 5m tall bat pole in the corner of the site with a flat top to mount a camera on. 

If you have Wi-Fi , the ring stick up camera is good value.

decent imagery, motion notification, verbal warning of coming into selectable section zones.

Takes a few minutes to set up on the app and away you go, under£4 monthly fee

• Like 1

I have a couple of Ring stick up cams powered by Ring solar panels, so no power connection required. I moved my virgin internet router to my power hut before I demolished my bungalow. If your neighbours are friendly perhaps ask for temp Wi-Fi access until you get yours setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m very impressed with mine. I’ve not had any ‘visits’ since I put them up. They are nearly always 100% charged. I plan to use them to do a Timelapse video when / if we ever get started. After a year of dealing with invisible bats we now have very visible nesting birds. Roll on July 🤞🤞🤞