LVT underlay?

cwr

Hi folks

Just wondering if it is recommended or not to use an underlay with Howdens LVT? It's going into a new liquid screed, which is quite flat (although I've not measured it, but our tiler commented that is was quite good in another room he tilted). There's UFH too.

https://www.howdens.com/joinery/floors/flooring/quick-step-livyn-light-grey-oak-luxury-vinyl-flooring-2105m-pack-sdh3681

• 3 months later...

Hi all. Would like to follow up on this - I am building floor in my flat (LVT / Luxury vinyl with underfloor heating, self levelling compound on top of it):

• Do I need underlay in this case? Or is it only required for uneven surfaces (which after the self levelling compound, should not be an issue?
  • What are the minimum parameters I need of the underlay - I have been advised that compressive of 400 kPa is a minimum to ensure longevity / sturdiness of floor
  • Is it a good idea to buy the LVT with integrated / attached underlay? There seem to be quite a few of these on the market - but the underlays attached are typically IXPE or similar - which (according to some) do not meet the required criteria (compressive strength and others)

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Jan