Mould in plaster-work - how can I cure it?

I'm installing some new windows and one of them is in a bathroom.  I will have to remove some of the old plasterwork inside as the new frames are deeper than the old ones.  The new sashes are double glazed so I'm hoping that condensation issues in the bathroom may be reduced.  However, what has happened over the years with the single glazed windows is that black mould has taken up residence in the plaster around the window and in the ceiling above.  Is there anything that I can do at this stage, whilst I'm doing work to get rid of and prevent the mould returning?

Edited by LeanTwo

This stuff. Fairly evil. Be careful if you have any respiratory problems. 

Get the wife to use it. 

Cleared ours up no probs. Or just use a bleach solution and clean off and dry thoroughly before re decorating. 

The main thing is good ventilation and air movement. 

Have you a good extractor. 

IMG_3123.JPG

Edited by Russell griffiths
Poor spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LeanTwo said:

I'm installing some new windows and one of them is in a bathroom.  I will have to remove some of the old plasterwork inside as the new frames are deeper than the old ones.  The new sashes are double glazed so I'm hoping that condensation issues in the bathroom may be reduced.  However, what has happened over the years with the single glazed windows is that black mould has taken up residence in the plaster around the window and in the ceiling above.  Is there anything that I can do at this stage, whilst I'm doing work to get rid of and prevent the mould returning?

If you are not properly ventilated the condensation will migrate somewhere else because the air seal will now be better.

Or you will have to run it at a highe temperature to jeep the moisture in the air.

F

Edited by Ferdinand