Newcomer with questions

Beanyboy2802

Evening all - thanks for having me. 

After looking on the market and finding nothing in our budget that is exactly what we want, me and my wife have made the decision to design and build our own house. We aren't in any particular rush - happy to figure out the basics of design first, but I've signed up to my local authority self build scheme so am "sort of" actively pursuing it. 

I'm completely new to all of this process, so expected this forum will be an amazing source of information for me as I go through - and I'll apologise now for asking so many questions, the first of which will be as soon as I figure out where to post it (and check it hasn't already been answered!).

Thanks again for your help - and hope to see you around the forums. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was short lived..! 

My wife and I have decided to put the whole "self build" idea on hold, on account of us soon to be expecting! 

But I will be back - thank you all for your support, and hopefully it won't be too long before I start looking into this properly again! 

Thank you! 

Rule 1 of Grand designs, have a baby mid build.  Congratulations.

I am sure you will be back.  Wanting to self build is an itch that won't go away until satisfied.  It took me 20 years to be able to scratch that itch.

• Like 1