Shoddy work

Hi. So I’m after some expert advice on my roof. The roofer seems to think that the work they’ve done is ok. As I’m not a roofer obviously I’m arguing it with him however I would like to be able to tell him the exact reasons for the work not being done correctly. The tiles don’t go into the guttering at all let alone by 40/50mm. They’ve told me that because drip trays are fitted then the tiles don’t have to go into the guttering. 
mice attached photos so if someone could take a look and highlight the issues in roofer terms that would be very much appreciated. Cheers

DBD4880C-A64E-4A2C-A234-551C76465526.jpeg

61868F68-28F1-43EB-B170-2C08F33BC878.jpeg

55C53ADB-CB90-4083-89CA-2619D041F0D8.jpeg

7AC72E2A-265A-40DB-8E3C-0456126035EF.jpeg

F50EF6B2-8D8F-4984-81F5-7DBBD6DEA45B.jpeg

815520C2-B379-447B-B51D-7C538D8C8E9D.jpeg

He did not get the tile spacing right, known as the gauging.

He should have measured the length of the roof and worked out how many rows of tiles were needed and what gauging (spacing) was needed, and set the battens to that.

Instead the second tile down is way too close to the top resulting on only a little bit of tile showing and the knock on effect is the bottom tile does not reach the gutter.

Basic error but to correct it the whole lot has to come off, the battens positioned correctly and then the tiles put back.

I am not seeing any lead around your half of the chimney like there was before and still is around next doors half of the chimney.  That will surely leak.

I hope you have not paid his full bill yet?  

• Like 2

terrible.

Doesn't know how to gauge. Also hasn't string lined the first row measuring down from ridge to get them straight which is why they are running out of level.

The valley should be cut tight into the upstand, not a wavy line.

No clips are visible on the left side (as you look at it) of the valley to hold the cuts in place which begs the question what has he used ?

Hard to tell from the photo but doesn't look to overhang the gutter enough. Should be at least 50mm (centre on the gutter).

How has the ridge been finished at the top of the valley, cant see a lead saddle ?

Lead soakers appear to be missing on the chimney together with stepped cover flashing.

No way id want the clown back to try and fix it, get a real roofer in to fix (take it all off) and give the clown the bill.