Cost of internal stud walls

Tennentslager

We have a potential new office and its open plan rectangle. An old shop unit 5m frontage and 24m deep.

I want to put in stud walls 3.6m high to make two rooms, interview room and training room.

Dims are 3.6 m high, walls 8m and 3 @3.5m so 18.5m x 3.6m gross. 4 big windows, single glazed fixed panes just to let light in. 2 x doorframes and doors etc.

4x2 battens, plasterboard, filled with rockwool, plastered, painted and skirtings.

And a small kitchen fitted, sink, 2 base units, worktop, 2 wall units.

Been quoted £13k, any thoughts on this for value? We have to buy the kitchen units, everything else down to the builders.

Its from the guys that are currently on site who are basically fitting out after a full back to walls rip out, so new framing, plasterboard walls, ceiling, electrics and heating, they are currently working for the landlord but we responsible for internals.

1 hour ago, Tennentslager said:

We have a potential new office and its open plan rectangle. An old shop unit 5m frontage and 24m deep.

I want to put in stud walls 3.6m high to make two rooms, interview room and training room.

Dims are 3.6 m high, walls 8m and 3 @3.5m so 18.5m x 3.6m gross. 4 big windows, single glazed fixed panes just to let light in. 2 x doorframes and doors etc.

4x2 battens, plasterboard, filled with rockwool, plastered, painted and skirtings.

And a small kitchen fitted, sink, 2 base units, worktop, 2 wall units.

Been quoted £13k, any thoughts on this for value? We have to buy the kitchen units, everything else down to the builders.

Its from the guys that are currently on site who are basically fitting out after a full back to walls rip out, so new framing, plasterboard walls, ceiling, electrics and heating, they are currently working for the landlord but we responsible for internals.

Remember ventilation if you are creating habitable spaces. Quite a few M&E things to consider: fire alarms, emergency lighting, heat/vent etc. 

If you need assistance PM me. 

• 2 months later...

Based on quote I recently received this seems pretty reasonable. Building materials have skyrocketed recently and also builders seem to be charging a little more to help deal with the 'cost of living crisis'. 

Make sure they allow for building control liaison and fees in their price. Checking things like travel distance for fire exits, fire alarms etc.

also make sure all certification is included before payment.