LVT flooring vs others - rough £ m2 supply and fit?

LaCurandera

Hi 

In the early stages of build and one thing that is on my wife's "must have" lists is LVT throughout upstairs and down. Personally, I think it's where some value engineering might have to happen, but I could do with some rough guide numbers of m2 by flooring types. 

Ones we have so far :

LVT  - Quoted at £45 m2 - is that high/low? 
Tiles - Quoted at £25 m2 - is that high/low? 

Supply and fit, or materials only?

I laid LVT throughout the last house at £25/M², and just did the downstairs here for the same, materials only. These were both the floating floor type with integrated underlay, dead easy to get down so DIY was a realistic option. I wouldn't trust myself with tiles.

I vaguely recall a supply+fit quote for LVT in 2021 at around £50/sqm but they were precious about the finish work involved with a retrofit - they wanted us to handle all the skirting, cut the doors to match the new floor level, etc. They were only interested in the easy bit!

• Like 1

On the "value engineering" side, I found the recommended 10% allowance for cuts/wastage to be far too much on the first house. Ended up selling the excess on a online marketplace to someone who did a corridor with it. Dropped it to 5% for this one and didn't feel short of materials at any point.

• Like 1

Ah, supply and fit - it's in the title ^^

LVT is really, honestly, dead-simple enough to do yourself, assuming a nice flat floor to start with. If someone had been handing me a £10 or £20 note every time i got four of the planks down, it would have been a fun time.