The Mill

• 3 weeks later...

Updates from t'mill I've managed to find a decent bit of oak to make a mantlepiece :-) and there is a lovely offcut that should fit in the downstairs WC. (keep it clean at the back - other rodding points are available.) 

Piccies attached of the timber in the new workshop, and the fireplace as is and before.... plan was to add a lintel of 4" * 9" * 48" but the wain on that Oak is rather nice - it might just get bolted on as is!

01628ee97eb3159c004fd2599c860a91b313eb98c3.jpg

01f82569f855bb9bb25457aec867217cb0608ca0d1.jpg

01360ae02d5fe9c48e4a13df3fa7373eafffbd9688.jpg

01ce2a4667ab06f75d5f5c8a65282e1d1c46221a51_00001.jpg

He has developed a surprising attitude towards creating and building things - but thats probably only to be expected when we've been building it for over half his lifetime! 

Not sure he understands that not everyone builds a house, or that its not meant to be a lifetimes work

Current excitement has been running monster trucks through the building rubble and Mamod steam engines round large empty rooms while painting is in progress! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lesgrandepotato said:

He has developed a surprising attitude towards creating and building things - but thats probably only to be expected when we've been building it for over half his lifetime! 

Not sure he understands that not everyone builds a house, or that its not meant to be a lifetimes work

Current excitement has been running monster trucks through the building rubble and Mamod steam engines round large empty rooms while painting is in progress! 

Buy him some Lego NOW!!!!  My favourite thing was going to my ( wealthy ) auntie and uncles every Boxing Day and opening my present. Always the biggest Lego technic set that ToysRus had to offer :). I wish I was a kid again ?

Just now, Nickfromwales said:

Buy him some Lego NOW!!!!  My favourite thing was going to my ( wealthy ) auntie and uncles every Boxing Day and opening my present. Always the biggest Lego technic set that ToysRus had to offer :). I wish I was a kid again ?

We've got a little bit sorted out, but hidden under the bed is an increasingly large Lego train set that will run round the gallery in the double height space :-) Xmas is going to be a lot of fun this year! 

I recall your in the Lake District, if you need more rough sawn planks for mantle pieces etc, I've just bought a 7 foot long Oak Plank   2 inch thick,  from a wood yard on the way into Grange Over Sands, for £25. He has a good selection. You can't miss the yard, it has wooden toadstools on display outside.

13 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I recall your in the Lake District, if you need more rough sawn planks for mantle pieces etc, I've just bought a 7 foot long Oak Plank   2 inch thick,  from a wood yard on the way into Grange Over Sands, for £25. He has a good selection. You can't miss the yard, it has wooden toadstools on display outside.

I know the place, I spotted it as I drove in last night. We are just over the hill in the Sticky Toffee pudding village or thereabouts. 

• Like 1