Brite-source led round panel 15w 833952 - correct driver

markharro

Hi I have picked this up on freecycle but it is missing the driver. Similar lights + correct driver are available for less than £10 so just wondering if anyone can suggest source for cheap driver that will be compatible? The other thing is that is says on the back that input is 100 - 265 VAC. That seems to cover UK 240V. Why then is a driver needed? I am assuming that a driver is a voltage transformer but of course I may be wrong with that?

Thats what I though - the driver is a transformer is it not? I can't find the exact model online but I have found very similar looking 15W lights which have the same connector - https://www.lampshoponline.com/bright-source-15w-round-led-panel-200mm-172mm-cut-out.html

Would it be worthwhile seeing if this retailer could confirm the specs of the driver for this light?

These panels generally need a constant current driver.

Looking at the one you found online, it's a 300mA 45-58V driver. A 250mA driver would probably work too. I think I have a few kicking around in a box somewhere.

btw never connect the driver while powered. Our electrician blew up 3 of the panels doing this to test them. 

picture02_73_4.jpg

image.png.27da750132ef22feb01478df91421c6f.png

• 2 weeks later...