Fence Colour

Onoff

1 hour ago, nod said:

Dark oak 

Love the tree stump 

Brilliant 

Made a start with the 36V Einhell/Makita Frankenchainsaw! 

Stump is going to have to come right out I think as it apparently keeps sprouting. It could be getting an oil drum incinerator over it and some barbecue charcoal! 

Edited by Onoff

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I take it when the neighbour refused to share the cost of removing the stump, you just removed the bit on your side?

Limited time/capacity with the battery saw. 

The neighbour took the tree down to that level but it had cracked one gravel board and pushed two posts over. He's offered in writing to pay to put the damage right as it's his tree so fair enough. I just hacked the stump to try and get a panel in as they have a small dog. The fence panel won't actually go in is the posts are pushed over. Reckon it'll be posts out and two new ones. 

Edited by Onoff

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I like the idea on YouTube. Drill said holes, fill with vegetable oil over the course of a year...keep it dry...then 🔥

I reckon diesel would be better...

I thought the stumps had to be dead before that would work, as the rising sap stops the oil soaking in.

I have bought a pack of stump killer for a hawthorn that refused to give in. Then it gave in, without trearment, so that has worked.

Jeyes fluid is stated to do it. The blue colour looks lethal. Maybe it is diesel with added blue.

Just googled it. Easy to find stump killer.