Treatment Plant. Running Air Pump Intermittently

Jenki

This has been discussed on here before.   My treatment plant runs 24/7. That is the Compressor runs 24/7.  I have read that switching it off there is a chance that water can syphon up the air tubes.  SO I was wondering if I was to turn it on and off hourly I would reduce the risk of any damage by syphoning and reduce the running costs by 50%  We have a large plant 12P  and currently only 2 people using it.

when the cabins are fully occupied then this may jump but the reality I only ever see 6/8 people  max every day.  (it was sized by SEPA- I had no choice)

I have found this little board that does what I need, turn on for x time, turn off for x time repeat.

any thought on this as a plan would be appreciated. 

The setup would be temp, until the house is built then I may come up with a better solution but for now the treatment plant is plugged in, so was going to put this in line just after the plug.

timer.thumb.jpg.8f8a288014e5950c0103d07a94f36f7d.jpg 

Yes this is one of the reasons I went with our Graf One2Clean. Plus the control unit can be mounted in a remote box up to 25m away. I also got the 7 PE for a decent price which always helps the decision making 😂 

53 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

My Graf plant runs 6 mins on and 4 mins off, or it could be the other way around. 

I was told this optimised electricity usage and stops the air holes blocking with crud if the blower is off for longer. 

The timer is variable. So could do 5mins on and off. Good to hear this is already a thing...

I use one of these timers for controlling my pumping station (so the pump runs for 5 seconds every 40 minutes in my case). It probably does the same as your circuit board but the packaging might be more convenient for you.

http://DEWIN Asymmetric Cycle Timer, Cycle Timer Relay GRT8-S1 Mini Asymmetric Cycle Timer ON/OFF Repeat Cycle Time Relay AC 230V https://amzn.eu/d/iT7dyjR