Service penetrations

We'll have MVHR, a SVP, ASHP connection to tank plus some smaller ones for lights and an outside tap. What's the best way to deal with them for airtightness (and will one size fit all)? I have two tins of airtightness paint in stock which would be my preference but don't know if it should be used in conjunction with grommets, tape etc. and whether it's suitable for all sizes of opening. 

Depends on what you are penetrating through.

E.g. ours through IFC wall, so ducts sealed on either end with mastic to the EPS, expanding foam for bigger gaps and finished off with paint.

For the flexible cable ducts through the roof, we silconed then taped these.

For normal conduit to external lights etc, these were trimmed back then siliconed off at the end.

1 hour ago, Conor said:

Depends on what you are penetrating through.

E.g. ours through IFC wall, so ducts sealed on either end with mastic to the EPS, expanding foam for bigger gaps and finished off with paint.

For the flexible cable ducts through the roof, we silconed then taped these.

For normal conduit to external lights etc, these were trimmed back then siliconed off at the end.

SIPs kit with additional PIR added which provides the airtight layer. Tape rather than paint required where ducts are flexible?

4 minutes ago, eandg said:

SIPs kit with additional PIR added which provides the airtight layer. Tape rather than paint required where ducts are flexible?

Make slightly oversized holes for the flexis, and use Illbruck foam around. Leave to cure and cut flush to PIR. Then foam for bigger / CT1 for smaller, inside the ducts, then tape. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

question regarding services running through the EPS foam…what did you do to ensure fire safety?

I have a 6” HVAC duct for example running through but I am wondering how to seal it to ensure I still have fire resistance. Also will have a vent on the outside of the wall connected to the duct

any tips is much appreciated.