Self leveling compound for summer house/gym

Drew1000

I am going to build a summer house which will be used as a Gym.  It will have a concrete base inside but I am intending using self leveling compound as the finished floor.  Grateful for any advice on which make to use from those with a bit more experience.  Will not be pouring for a few months until weather is a bit warmer and the building is wind and watertight.

Apologies if your an experienced hand but if like me you have have no previous experience of using this stuff,take note, It doesn’t self level😀

I assumed it would act like water and flow to a perfect level and leave me a nice flat and level surface.Wrong.

Second attempt involved wearing spiked shoes a spiked roller and a fit helper to mix up whilst I spread. I had batons screwed around the perimeter as guides to level out the slope.

dont ask about bubbles gasses off.

Think the last stuff I used was Mapei and definitely came from Screwfix. I ordered moe than needed just in case and Screwfix have no problem with accepting returns👍 Other brands are available from other outlets too.

As above, self leveller doesn't always self level. 

You can get a good enough floated finish on a concrete raft for a finish floor, and assuming as it's a gym you be putting down some sort of rubber matting in places?

Oh, make you take the opportunity to put a bit of insulation under the slab before pouring. Plenty info here about EPS slabs /rafts 

As many say, it doesn’t self level unless you’ve got a very wet subfloor and it’s all been properly primed, and the you still need to work it with either a trowel or a spiked roller or both. It’s also normally not suitable as a final wearing surface (a few are but are expensive) so you’ll still need something on top.

I would power float and then use some sort of mat system as they will also be slightly warmer under foot.