Rectifying bathroom layout error

Vera16

Specified a wall hung toilet which I thought would fit neatly behind the the pocket door. In reality the frame and boxing is 21cm from the wall (solid brick wall) leaving me only around 50cm for the pan (bringing it all the way up the door - not ideal). I need to re-think how the reduce the projection of toilet but I'm limited by the 4in waste pipe sitting slightly away from the wall (it comes up from downstairs inside the house).

Any recommendations for best way to tackle this? One option is a close coupled toilet but I was planning for a bidet toilet and most/all are floor standing or wall hung.

Also considering a floor standing back to wall and trying to somehow curve the waste pipe into the wall (the plaster layer is around 20mm so can shave off a bit).

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

What's the distance between the 

1 hour ago, Vera16 said:

the plaster layer is around 20mm so can shave off a bit

How about channelling in a bit deeper so you can get the timber frame all the way back to the wall? What's the wall made of? A curved channel to accomodate half the pipe seems do-able to me. The stack then becomes the issue. Someone else might have a suggestion on how to get over from the stack to the pan connector

I install Geberit, and they make a shallow profile frame that will sit within a 100mm ( typical 4x2" ) stud wall. Would that help?

Not sure if Grohe do one that thin.

https://www.sanctuary-bathrooms.co.uk/geberit-duofix-reduced-depth-concealed-wc-frame-112cm/?gclid=CjwKCAiA2rOeBhAsEiwA2Pl7QwGwZB__7kwBFm5nmuMKCdS1VYTZyDIS_DPvhBaGHerWnXJv_O0jHhoCmFYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Shows a depth requirement of 145mm with the soil pipe exiting left, horizontally. You'd gain 65mm with this without altering the soil pipe. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Radian said:

What's the distance between the 

How about channelling in a bit deeper so you can get the timber frame all the way back to the wall? What's the wall made of? A curved channel to accomodate half the pipe seems do-able to me. The stack then becomes the issue. Someone else might have a suggestion on how to get over from the stack to the pan connector

This is the kind of thing I was thinking of. I can't do much else with the layout as the toilet has to go into this space. The wall is brick (single skin) with a 20mm lime plaster layer on top. I am looking at offsetting the soil pipe back into the wall (or even just against the wall - currently it is sitting a few cm out). Maybe some thing like this could work? The soil pipe is the main issue I think. If this was resolved I could use something like Nick suggested. Or go for a floor standing toilet if the bottom bracket of the wall hung frame is getting in the way of the soil pipe.

Capture12.JPG

Edited by Vera16