Site insurance: any suggestions on insurance providers... NOT buildstore?!

oldcoop

I'm looking for any suggestions on insurers who can provide site insurance... can anyone help?

My mortgage provider requires me to have site insurance during my build. I got rather shafted by Buildstore and have had various issues with them so it would massively pain me to give them any more money! Can anyone suggest someone who other that Buildstore that provides this insurance at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

We got ours through this company 

T: 01205 591982 F: 01205 367158
Burgess Thompson & Richardson Ltd
11 High Street Boston PE21 8SH

Bought the land land with two derelict properties on it, to cover our own back in case of trespassers injuring themselves, or worse I phone around and found the above and got liability insurance for £180. The two conditions were haras fencing around the property and a lifesaving buoy on a post near the pond (which is dry at the moment). 

Hope this helps @oldcoop or is what you were looking for 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Issues with Buildstore? Surely not :D:D:D   We have come to utterly detest that company. Unfortunately we are still stuck going via them to the building society for progress reports on the build and stage payments, but we will be genuinely overjoyed when we can finally finish with them. There is a phrase I believe which involves the organisation of parties in brewing establishments - translate it to latin and it could be their company motto!