Kiln dried Firewood - how much do you pay?

Adsibob

Is this a good deal: 64 x 22L nets of kiln dried “superior”, whatever that means, ash and oak for £485 Inc vat and delivery.

https://www.londonfirewood.co/kiln-dried-logs/64-nets-kiln-dried-logs/

difficult to compare like for like as there does not appear to be a standardised way to quantify kiln dried wood. Some sellers describe the nets by their weight, others by their maximum volume. Volume is only a guide as some of the volume is taken up by air.

The same company was selling them at £4.75/net (each net is ~8kg) last time I ordered from them in Oct 2020. I was going to link you to https://www.firewoodcentre.co.uk/kiln-dried-logs/64-nets-kiln-dried-logs/ which is where I used to buy from in bulk but, well, you'll see when you click it.

The free delivery to Shetland was appreciated, though. Not much wood there locally. I expect you'll find cheaper than £7.50/net if you look around locally.

Edited by Nick Thomas
oct 2020, not oct 2022

39 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I get a massive potato box full for £80 but I live on a farm that has 100s of such boxes. 

Likewise, I am awaiting a delivery of a Potato box of Kiln dried Ash - being offered to me for £160. [Told that a potato box equates to one and half builders type bag]

8 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Likewise, I am awaiting a delivery of a Potato box of Kiln dried Ash - being offered to me for £160. [Told that a potato box equates to one and half builders type bag]

That sounds about right, asked a few of our tree surgeon customers and they are wanting around £135 per cube.

• Like 1