W.Machine drain pipe Q.

zoothorn

Hi chaps, Im going plumbing potty today.. 2 threads.

Simple question if I may: got new WM, all in place, it's grey 1" corrugated waste pipe exits the WM **only 6" above/ away from the top of my white wall corner drain pipe. 

The WM pipe's way too long, so it's going in a big loop down first, around, up.. & into my wall pipe. Is this ok, or is my WM draining compromised by this big pipe loop?  If it's better cut right down, how far down the wall pipe should it go? 

Thank, Zoot

0EB48695-F20B-42E8-8246-299A4A1ACC29.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

Stuff it fully in the pipe just in case it wriggles free

Hi tennents, if I do this the pipe sits 500mm high/ proud of the WM.

According to www info, the WM drain pipe should insert only about 5" down the wall white pipe, so as not to affect any exiting water.

So if I do this, I have a big loop. What do I do with this loop?

Edited by zoothorn

14 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’d cut it ( but not too short ) then zip tie it or similar around the pipe and back to the machine - so it’s got no chance of coming out .

Good plan. Ok so do know then that it's -not- a good idea having this loop then? 

Common sense might say it isn't, but I'm cutting off most of this grey pipe doing this.. leaving just 12".

Does that seem right to you? Kinda seems rather drastic/ wrong/ but I can't see any other option apart from leaving as is, with this big loop. This pipe starts inside the machine, so no 2nd chances to redo it if I cut it.

3 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Good plan. Ok so do know then that it's -not- a good idea having this loop then? 

Common sense might say it isn't, but I'm cutting off most of this grey pipe doing this.. leaving just 12".

Does that seem right to you? Kinda seems rather drastic/ wrong/ but I can't see any other option apart from leaving as is, with this big loop. This pipe starts inside the machine, so no 2nd chances to redo it if I cut it.

Big loop is bad .

Also once cut if you ever need to extend the waste pipe again you can get couplers etc. to do that .

How long is the white wall pipe the WM waste is going into ?

1 minute ago, dpmiller said:

don't cut it, and ignore the extra length. shove a bit down the pipe, use the supplied U-clip thingy to form the bend, done.

I think the problem is the WM waste pipe is too long . Even fully inserted in the waste pipe @zoothorn will have a big loop of waste pipe hanging out .

It probably won’t make much difference tbh I.e washer will still pump it out ; but looks crap . 

1 minute ago, dpmiller said:

that's the length supplied. the drain pump is more worried about height than length tbh

Ok thanks- I had no idea how much pressure this drain pump is, basically my the thinking you see.

Will do as you suggest & zip tie it/ if any issue I can shorten it later I guess.

Cheers, zoot