Water pipes under screed

GreenGables

Oh my!

Its not just the plumbing. Just reminding myself why i do almost everything myself!

The hessian wrap clearly doesnt come up far enough, The screed will be in contact with the pipes if left like that.

Why does the insulation stop short of the walls?

Nick covered pretty much everything, except, for gods sake, pressure test it BEFORE and floor gets laid.

8 hours ago, PeterW said:

@Nickfromwales can you recall if gas pipes can be buried..? I thought it was ducted and vented at one end..?

Last time I worked with gas it was permissible, as long as it was the coated pipe and it was 100% encapsulated in concrete. The idea being gas must not be allowed to escape into ( fill ) pockets or cavities, that’s when the 💩 hits the fan. Gas will just light and burn if discharging freely, but becomes explosive when captured in voids. 

You were even allowed to do the same behind a plasterboard in a dry-lined wall, believe it or not(!!), as long as you used dab or cement to fully encapsulate along it length. Not a fan of that idea lol, but when I drilled through one the theory worked well, in practice, as the gas just blew out of the 5.5mm hole I made dead centre of it…….cue lots of profanities……..and not into the cavity between the block and plasterboard of the dot n dab wall.

If ducted, it must be sealed inside the dwelling, and the duct must be a continuous run, with the other end left open externally ( to atmosphere ) so a ruptured pipe would just blow gas out to the clouds.

I can check with my mate who’s still GSR’d if it’s for a job?

• Like 1