Extra small PoE switch

I'm looking for a switch which can be powered by PoE, but is quite small. Ideally it only needs one input and two output sockets. Of the two outputs, at least one should also have PoE out.

The smallest ubiquiti switch I've found (this) doesn't meet this requirement as it doesn't have PoE out.

Just want something small and simple and affordable.

3 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

How about this if you can find a stockist?

xPoE-3-11A_1_L_1024.jpg?itok=8mH7VWGO

Hard to imagine anything smaller really!

Most of my house was made in Poland (polish builders and lots of polish products). But I never though Poland was well known for this kinds of technology. Any experience of it? Where would I get it? The electrician is polish, so I might ask him.

Sorry, should've caveated the suggestion with the admission that I only found it through Google!

I see there are some online sellers (in Poland, example) but they seem to limit shipping to the EU. Could maybe get it sent via someone over there (involving your perhaps!).

Edited by MJNewton

1 minute ago, MrMagic said:

That Ubiquiti one uses its own proprietary 24v PoE system rather than the industry standard 802.3af 48v PoE so will only work with their own kit. 

My router is actually a ubiquiti dream machine. If I use the spare PoE rJ45 socket on my dream machine router to power this Nanoswitch, can I then use the Nanoswitch to power a Ring PoE doorbell?

Ah ha. It means you have a dream router rather than a dream machine (ubiquiti having fun with naming 🤦‍♂️)

Anyway, those ports are proper 48v PoE ports and will power the ring doorbell and/or the netgear switch. I’m afraid they won’t power the 24v nano switch. 

11 minutes ago, MrMagic said:

Ah ha. It means you have a dream router rather than a dream machine (ubiquiti having fun with naming 🤦‍♂️)

Anyway, those ports are proper 48v PoE ports and will power the ring doorbell and/or the netgear switch. I’m afraid they won’t power the 24v nano switch. 

So I have an issue I need to solve. 

The Cat 6 cable goes from my UD Router to a place where I need to split it into two cables, one fork to connect up to my iMac, the other fork to go to my bring PoE doorbell. I think I need a PoE switch, right?

Yes exactly that. If you have power at the point at where you wish to ‘split’ then any powered PoE switch should do. 

if you don’t have power at that point then you’ll need a PoE powered switch with PoE pass through (like the netgear)

(PoE in the above is referring to standard 802.3ae/af type 48v PoE, not the ubiquiti proprietary 24v ‘passive PoE’……thanks for confusing everyone Ubiquiti)

So i've found a solution for 30 quid:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HSN5YSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A 13A power socket is available at the site, but I rather not use it as I have various other things that need power there and so using it will require bulky multiplugs. Query is whether to go with this unknown brand Linovision or pay more to get something better known?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Looks perfect! Personally I wouldn't worry about branding.

Ok, will go with that. The bandwidth is limited to 100mbps, but I guess that shouldn’t matter too much.

The alternative was to spend twice as much and get this, which was overkill:

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/18428-netgear-gs105pe-10000s/