Thermal store thermostat advice

magunn

I have very little plumbing knowledge and have moved into a house with a thermal store water tank. 
This is heated by an oil fired boiler and a wood burner with back boiler

We are experiencing issues with a shortage of hot water. We get some but it runs out before filling a bath. 
According to my research the ideal temperature for the water in the tank is 75c but we cannot seem to get to this value. The thermostats are set to 75c but the water only gets to about 60c. 
There are two thermostats one on the tank in the middle and the other on a pipe coming out of the tank near the bottom. Where should they be placed and what should they be set to. 
The other thermostats type device appears to simply display the water temperature on the heating control unit. 

any advice please. 7BFA2D99-6D7F-4359-ABB4-C391ACE6CC73.thumb.jpeg.716bb0ab8ab9530f650183de90d4098e.jpeg

Check the BOILER thermostat.  If that is set below 75 degrees then you will NEVER get there from the boiler.

Often boiler thermostats have no scale, just min to max and arbitrary units.  Post a picture of the boiler and it's thermostat. 

The thermostat on the tank is probably * what turns off the boiler when the tank reaches the correct temperature when heated by yhe boiler.

The thermostat on the pipe is probably on the flow from the stove to turn on the heating pump when the stove is producing heat.

* Probably as dual feed tanks particularly involving a stove are more complicated as the stove is an unctontrolled heat source.

As Dave says, your flow temperature from the boiler will need to at 80+ to get the cylinder up to 75.

Also insulation is needed on the pipes, the heat loss will be huge when your cylinder gets to 75.  I would get a roll of loft insulation and pack around the cylinder and fill the cupboard with it.

Thanks for the advice offered so far. I have increased the boiler water temp on the boiler itself. Now for the stats do you all think they should be set to 75c or should the wood burner stat be set lower? Although there is a heating pump I’m not sure if there is one on the wood burner pipes. These seem to rely on convection currents as I can’t find a pump. 
or is the stat to turn on the ch pump to get rid of some of the xs heat from the fire so the stat is the temp at which to turn the pump ON rather then off. I.e. the opposite of the CH stat?

Different people do things in a different way, but typically on a cylinder with a WBS I would have two tank stats, one to turn the boiler off when it reaches set temperature, and a second one, set slightly higher, to turn the CH circulating pump on (regardless of programmer settings) when the tank starts getting too hot from stove input, to dump heat to the radiators.