Electrical provision in bathroom - any way to provide power for an Apple Homepod mini in accordance with regs (Scotland)?

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Is there a way you could mount it so the USB C cable passes through a wall into perhaps an adjacent cupboard or wardrobe where you can have a socket for a USB C charger?

What happens if the charger fails and transmits mains voltage down the line into the bathroom.

Isn't that why isolating transformers are used in shaver outlets. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

What happens if the charger fails and transmits mains voltage down the line into the bathroom.

Isn't that why isolating transformers are used in shaver outlets. 

Well if you will cuddle your homepod in the shower.

• Like 1

Cuddling anything connected to a power source is not recommended in a shower.  It's a form of smart speaker so should be no need to actually cuddle it.

Other countries manage with washing machines and hairdryers in their bathrooms without killing themselves, we are obviously a bit delicate as we have to be protected from such lethal dangers.

4 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Fit a box. 25mm kopex to an accessible space.

pass manufacturer cable through kopex with plug in room, you haven’t fitted a socket…

See post #2

A customer once asked me to fit a socket in the bathroom for a washing machine.  I refused.  A few months later I went back and saw a washing machine sat next to the bath. He had drilled a hole in the wall, passed the flex through, put the plug back on and plugged it into a socket in an adjacent room.