Passivhaus shutters with flyscreens

puntloos

On 06/11/2022 at 20:20, puntloos said:

The lady in this video says that they block 75% of the sunlight. Not amazing, not bad. 

Normal venetian blinds are probably around 75%, these are fair bit better but not 100%.  Shutters are likely better, but this will depend on the shutters; cheap shutters might not be much of an improvement over these, good ones you'd expect to be closer 100% I would have thought.

3 hours ago, Thorfun said:

you can get AV Venetian blinds which give more blackout. e.g.

https://www.hallmarkblinds.co.uk/assets/trojanav90-spec-sheets.pdf

The Z slats are good, but supposedly CDL are better for dark room according to Roma.  The other thing Roma have with the CDL ones are these side-profiles that overlap edges of the slats to minimize light coming in the sides.

image.png.54cbae164cb09cf2b5c274807da9ab5d.png 

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

The Z slats are good, but supposedly CDL are better for dark room according to Roma

+1

We normally supply the standard slats, we try and give clients a choice but usually stick with the standards. You actually taught me a few extra bits and pieces that were available with the system as you had done your research and I have to say, I try and now use the CDL slats as standard and since my visit a fortnight ago, it has made my mind up. I reckon that the CDL slats are about 95% blackout, if not more 🤷‍♂️?

Edited by craig

FYI @craig.  BTW, I think we might have missed the "push-up prevention" which looks like a good idea on ours.  These blinds are great, the only issue with them is I don't think they are available in the U.K. other than if you get Gaulhoffer windows from @craig!

image.thumb.png.a0a2f0dd52aeb62ebe71883da4376a5d.png

Edited by Dan F

15 minutes ago, Dan F said:

I don't think they are available in the U.K.

They aren’t. ROMA will not deal with the UK directly, only via their distribution partners in mainland Europe. 

They however want us to deal with historical customers but will not support directly 🖕lol. Thankfully we have all the support we need.