Kingspan Splines for Sips

mrfish

18 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Could potentially make your own with celotex sandwiched with OSB either side? There are some suppliers that now also sell them online, e.g. http://www.sipsdirect.co.uk/spline2.4x97.html but you have probably seen that.

I hadn't thought of making my own. That is a very interesting idea and could be done very simply. Thank you.

18 hours ago, mrfish said:

I hadn't thought of making my own. That is a very interesting idea and could be done very simply. Thank you.

You would need to get the foam with no foil on it as the glue should really bond timber to foam. Most SIPs are made from controlled expansion of foam between the sheets creating the chemical bond and splines are just cut down boards of a slightly thinner profile. Any reason for not using the supplier ones ..?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

You would need to get the foam with no foil on it as the glue should really bond timber to foam. Most SIPs are made from controlled expansion of foam between the sheets creating the chemical bond and splines are just cut down boards of a slightly thinner profile. Any reason for not using the supplier ones ..?

If you or anyone else can find me a suppler who will sell them to me I will buy them. But now you mentioned the 142s can be cut to size that solves my problem. Many thanks.