Joints Between Sections

Hi,

I have what I believe is a quartz worktop in our kitchen (inherited from previous owners) and there is a joint adjacent to the sink that could probably do with renewing as some is missing. The question is, what type of sealant is this? Seems like silicone to me but clearly nicely color matched. I'm also wondering on the best technique to renew where needed. Raking out I imagine is easy with a Stanley blade etc but to renew i'm not sure how to best to get the jointing compound back into the joint neatly. I may consider finding a local worktop company to assist but it is a tiny job :)

Thank you.

IMG_8698.jpg

IMG_8699.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_8701.jpg

The worktop fitters use some sort of hard setting resin that resists being pulled out or worn. That's what they used in the join between our upstand and worktop.

Might be best going to a worktop company and asking if they have a product that suits.

16650456262621984506303165914199.thumb.jpg.221d518138f3d07bc376cc44a5a6aad1.jpg

• Like 1

Echoing some of comments above, joins in quartz worktops (indeed arguably worktops of any material) have a structural role to play in addition to aesthetics so I don't think silicone would be an appropriate material to use. 

Edited by MJNewton
  • Like 1